Monday, May 28, 2012

Tuesdays the day we find out....

Well Tuesday is the day we find out when my hubby's surgery is, while he is not getting an amputation right away because the Orthopedic doctor decided to send my husband to a limb salvage clinic and they are convinced that they can help his pain by fusing his ankle together.  The downfall is my husband does not have a choice he has to try the fusion, it is frustrating but maybe it will work for his injury and alleviate his pain, while we do not have high expectations because we have met a few people with fusions and they later had to have amputations.  Downfall of the fusion he will not have full movement of his ankle it will be fused together and movement will be even more limited than it already is.  I just really would like for my husband to be able to live a more normal life.
     My little sister is in town she has been here a week, its nice to have family over to visit and be able to do some "touristy" things. We have done some much this past week since she has been here, we've gone to the beach, Hollywood where we even see Jay Leno at City Walk! It was pretty exciting because I have lived here for almost 8 years and I have never seen a celebrity! Lol!
My sister is going to be here until my husband has his surgery which is nice since last time we didn't have many people who could watch the children, I also plan to take sometime off from school to be able to direct my attention towards my children and taking care of my husband.  We are still waiting on a one story house, which is a bummer but I plan to go talk to the housing coordinator and see what we can do to possibly get into a one story since in the next week or two my husband will be non-mobile for 12 weeks....such a hectic time coming up in this household, hopefully moving, and surgery! While it will be difficult I would not ever change it for anything!
   I know many of you are celebrating Memorial Day and I just want to remind you all to remember the true meaning of this holiday, because I have seen some posts today on Facebook that I couldn't believe what people were saying about our troops. While I know not everyone supports our Military it is disrespectful to say rude things about why they died, etc.  Remember it is to honor all of the troops who have made the ultimate sacrifice, also remember the families that they left behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment